cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee 5.1.9 Client on Windows 7

Hi,

I have been told by a few people that McAfee 5.1.9 client is not supported on windows 7... is that something i would have to believe as a truth? Well, the problem is that we are already planning for a Windows 7 rollout, but we have just migrated our EPE suite to 5.1.9 from the stone age 4.2.14...

If 5.1.9 is not supported, which version we need to move on to?

Thanks!!

5 Replies

Re: McAfee 5.1.9 Client on Windows 7

5.2 is the supported version. 5.22, 5.24 both work.

I believe you can upgrade the clients to 5.2 w/o upgrading the console, and 5.1x to 5.22 seems to be going pretty smoothly here (~1,300 clients so far), only 2 reported issues, and I'm not sure if they're related to the upgrade or not.

Highlighted

you mean to say i can have a higher version of the client than the suite on the server? anyway, according to me, making the change on the server suite is not as crucial as making the change on the client... 22000 of them ...

Yes, I believe as long as you're on 5.x, the client can be higher than the server, since McAfee split the client and server versions around 5.20 or so. (Probably should check on that with Tier1).

Yes, the client upgrade is definitely more important. I have ~20,000 more to go too!

If you looking for McAfee SUPPORTED version, you have to move client to 5.2.x. That also means if you want your servers side to be SUPPORTED, you have to move it to a split (EEM/EEPC) version 5.2.x too!

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68053  should help you.

For info, 5.2 x was released last August (2009). The version you just upgraded to you is a couple of weeks short of a year old (May 2009)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community