cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEE for PC and Computrace

Jump to solution

Anyone out there know of a white paper or KB regarding the installation of MEE for PC on a machine that has Computrace?

Is it as simple as incorporating the Computrace file group with the installation package?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: MEE for PC and Computrace

Jump to solution

I did some installs of this a while back, before the comutrace option was there and I was told by our account manager at absolute that you have to install computrace before EEPC. I did this and it worked fine.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Well. I heard from an SE that you need to choose the "Tests for Computrace presense" file group when creating the installation set. This will detect Computrace and prevent conflict errors.

Does anyone here at McAfee agree with this statement? I will test a few machines to find out.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I did some installs of this a while back, before the comutrace option was there and I was told by our account manager at absolute that you have to install computrace before EEPC. I did this and it worked fine.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community