cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Machine Databases

We have a decent number of machines with an old version of Safeboot on them. Problem is they have been installed with the default local database size of 20mb. On the new version this has been updated to 50mb.

Is there any way of performing magic on these to update the local database to the new size without having to decrypt and re encrypt?

If anyone has any info on how to do this I would be over the moon.

Regards

Billy
14 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

RE: Local Machine Databases

Can you please explicitly state old and new version numbers?

New Build Number is 5600

Old Build Number was 5200

Hope this helps
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 15

no, there's no way of expanding it other than something like a disable/enable or an eboot.

why would you need such a large SBFS though?

We have over 1500 laptops which we wanted any of our 12,000 users to be able to log onto. Therefore we needed the largest size of local database.
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

thats really bad security 😉

You know the sync times will be extremely long, probably for ever, and the network load! wow, it's going to be immense, your WAN/LAN and your server are going to have to be extraordinarily capable to cater for this.

I know it seems "easy" just to assign everyone to every machine, but it's really bad security. I mean, how many people REALLY use each machine?

Within our organisation we have several hospitals, clinics, etc etc where the turn around of staff is immense. At the moment we use asset tag and password but sometimes staff forget or setup passwords and forget to relay the info on, hence AD integration would stop this from happening.
peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 8 of 15

I rather think this is a design flaw. I wish EEPC pre-boot would mimic and follow Windows cached credentials. Automatically.
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 15

There you have it - Windows only allows you to logon as a new user if you are online, it DOES NOT allow previously unknown users to login while offline.

There's also no way to pre-cache users with Windows.

As for mimicking Windows cached credentials, that's what the Autodomain script does? It will automatically add users on the fly as they use the machine?
peter_eepc
Level 15
Message 10 of 15

Will this AutoDomain functionality be a part of EEPC in the next releases? That's what I would like to see. And preferably not as add-on script, but integrated.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community