cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Local Machine Databases

We have a decent number of machines with an old version of Safeboot on them. Problem is they have been installed with the default local database size of 20mb. On the new version this has been updated to 50mb.

Is there any way of performing magic on these to update the local database to the new size without having to decrypt and re encrypt?

If anyone has any info on how to do this I would be over the moon.

Regards

Billy
14 Replies

RE: Local Machine Databases

Can you please explicitly state old and new version numbers?

New Build Number is 5600

Old Build Number was 5200

Hope this helps
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 15

no, there's no way of expanding it other than something like a disable/enable or an eboot.

why would you need such a large SBFS though?

We have over 1500 laptops which we wanted any of our 12,000 users to be able to log onto. Therefore we needed the largest size of local database.
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 15

thats really bad security 😉

You know the sync times will be extremely long, probably for ever, and the network load! wow, it's going to be immense, your WAN/LAN and your server are going to have to be extraordinarily capable to cater for this.

I know it seems "easy" just to assign everyone to every machine, but it's really bad security. I mean, how many people REALLY use each machine?

Within our organisation we have several hospitals, clinics, etc etc where the turn around of staff is immense. At the moment we use asset tag and password but sometimes staff forget or setup passwords and forget to relay the info on, hence AD integration would stop this from happening.

I rather think this is a design flaw. I wish EEPC pre-boot would mimic and follow Windows cached credentials. Automatically.
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 15

There you have it - Windows only allows you to logon as a new user if you are online, it DOES NOT allow previously unknown users to login while offline.

There's also no way to pre-cache users with Windows.

As for mimicking Windows cached credentials, that's what the Autodomain script does? It will automatically add users on the fly as they use the machine?

Will this AutoDomain functionality be a part of EEPC in the next releases? That's what I would like to see. And preferably not as add-on script, but integrated.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.