cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lingering Question.

Ive been using EEPC for a long time now and have been wondering what exactly is the Server Group used for? I know when you first open the database server application it creates a server and adds a remote connection. But what or why would you need to be able to add additional servers?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Lingering Question.

If SDMCFG.INI is destroyed and needs to be recreated; during server hardware migrations, etc.

The only problem with that is any new server object created generates new keys. If the DB server is started any client that tries to sync with it gets and invalid authentication sig error.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

maybe you want a DR server with a different dns name etc? Maybe you want to use an active-active cluster? There's lots of good reasons to have more than one server definition.

None of that (multiple instances in Server Groups) is documented though...I'm yet to see good High Availability document for EE....

The best I have been able to get working is Loading two servers with the software pointing to a database on a network share. I can then Start the Database service on both machines and clients can sync to either one. but from what i have always heard is if more than one server is updating the database at the same time big corruption issues occur.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community