cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to list the users who have enrolled in Local Recovery?

We are using EEPC v5.2.5 and have recently enabled the Local Recovery option and would like to know who has enrolled.  We are still getting calls to our Service Desk for recoveries and want to determine if it is a user education problem or if the Local Recovery Enrollment option is not working properly.

Thank you,

Randy

5 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is there a way to list the users who have enrolled in Local Recovery?

possibly by scanning the db for a certain attribute you might be able to derive this information?

I think there's a difference in the number of files in each users object depending on whether they registered for local recovery or not. I might be wrong though.

If you can identify a new file, only present after enrolling, it's a simple thing to scan the db and go look for that - I have a couple of scripts which do that for other things.

I don't have an environment set up I can test this with though - busy with http://mcaf.ee at the moment

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

Yes, you can generate a report in v5.2.5 by specifying user event 0x0400001b Registered for local self recovery.

good luck

Can you tell me how to generate that report?  I have some basic commands that I am using to find old machines and user info, but am not familiar with how I would run this type of report.

Thank you

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

I'm using Reporting Tool canned report Users Event Audit Report.  Create a new report with options to Generate report over all user groups, no filter, and select event ID 0x040001b Registered for local self recovery.  You can then specify a date range if you need to and select the report output style then run the report.

Message was edited by: SOM2010 on 2/9/11 3:28:11 PM CST

Thank you very much.  I had not even looked there for this option.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community