cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Identifying which machines a given user is assigned to?

Jump to solution

Hi is there an easy way to see which EndPoint Encrypted machines an individual user account has been assigned to?

Is there something built into the console which I have missed or some sort of supported script from McAfee?  if not any hints on how I could a build a script to produce this functionality?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Identifying which machines a given user is assigned to?

Jump to solution

You can use the reporting tool,  and run a Machines Assigned Users or a Users Assigned To Machines Report (depending which way you want to look it up), and you should be able to get whatever information you are looking for.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

You can use the reporting tool,  and run a Machines Assigned Users or a Users Assigned To Machines Report (depending which way you want to look it up), and you should be able to get whatever information you are looking for.

Jump to solution

Thanks for that.

Am i correct in thinking that the reporting tool can only be run on the server itself?  Is there any way we could run this type of query remotely?

Jump to solution

The closest thing I could come up with is using the SBADMCL tool with the "DumpMachineUsers" command  which would give you all the users assigned to a machine in a csv file.  Theoretically,  you could run that for all machines, and dump the csv file into excel or access, and sort by the user you wanted.  Or you could filter it through a Perl Script, if you were so inclined.

The only other option would be to user the "DumpUserAudit" command,  but that would only give you machines that the particular user had logged into, not all the machines to which they were assigned.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

use the report generator - it has a "users assigned to machines" report - you can stick in a user, or user group and it will tell you which machines they are assigned to.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community