cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore files from a disk formatting with cryptography

Hi Guys, 

I had a laptop encrypted with drive encryption and this laptop was formatted and installing the Windows 10. We need to restore a folder that was'nt backuped. how can we restore that? We have the key from McAfee and when we try REMOVE DE, we got this message: 

ERROR EE120000 - Drive Encryption is not currently active. 

what should i do now to restore the files? 

1 Reply
Highlighted
sbalamur McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to restore files from a disk formatting with cryptography

@Heider Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

To keep you informed when the laptop is formatted the product will also be removed. Above all McAfee Drive Encryption will not encrypt files or folder it encrypt sectors of your HDD.

Secondly , Since the product is already removed it is very obvious that it will give you that error because there no MDE product or its status active.

I would request you to revert with more details if the issue is any different from my understanding.

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community