Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

How to reset password for offline computer

Dear all,

I'm new bie in this software, AFAIK to reset password of McAfee Endpoint Encryption (when the user was forget the password), the computer must be online with network and request to IT supervisor to reset the password, the question is can we reset (or how to reset) the password of computer with McAfee Endpoint Encryption installed when the computer is offline (stand alone)? (with the assumption, the user bring that computer go outside the network and the suer forget about the password of McAfee Endpoint Encryption)..
Please explain to me about the solution of this case.

Best Regards,

Bambang
9 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

RE: How to reset password for offline computer

read either the quickstart guide for EEPC, or the chapter on "recovering users and machines" in the EEPC Administrators Guide - that will explain all the options to you.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

(was) How to reset password for offline computer

Thanks for the answer, I already read the EEPC Administrator's Guide, but I'm still need more explanation.
How about the Admin computer is broken and the admin didn't have backup for the computer, can the client reset the computer (with EEP) directly? what the kind of solution for that case, can we make the print out for resetting code for each client and keep as hardcopy?

Please, I need this solution to give the answer for my Management

Best regards...

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

RE: (was) How to reset password for offline computer

Surely you'd have a backup of such a mission-critical system?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 10

How to create the print out of reset code as hardcopy, so I can keep that for preventive action.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

you can not - it changes each time it's needed.

you must simply backup your admin system properly.

I think you might want to consider getting some professional services help?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

Thanks a lot,

How about if we use stand alone eep ?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Not sure what product you are referring to now? EEM/EEPC/EEFF are designed to be occasionally/often online products. We don't really sell an enterprise class offline security product, though I guess you could use one of our consumer offerings?

With recovery, regulations, audit requirements etc, offline products are just too simplistic.
Highlighted

Likelyhood of laptop computer being stolen or a local hard drive crash is much larger than broken EEPC database or no backup. In those two situations, stored client data would not be recoverable either.
Highlighted

Re: RE: (was) How to reset password for offline computer

How do you reset the computer to factory setting to use it as a computer?  the PC was used in a company that a neighbor worked for.  the company filed bankruptcy and the PC was being discarded and id rather not let a pc go to waste

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community