Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fanwar
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How to find encrypted sector

Hi,

I need some help here. I have laptop with two partition C and D. Partition C is unencrypted and D is encrypted. For some reason, the windows failed and then I can't boot the Windows again.

I tried to remove the encryption from Drive D but it failed with error "Failure while recovering from power fail". I am thinking to do force decrypt and then I check first sector and last sector by using workspace. I found first sector and last sector is already decrypted. I can say first sector and last sector is aleady decrypted because I got some readable "A disk read error occored BOOTMGR is compressed" at both first and last sector.

I had done force decrypt before and when I check first and last sector, it usually will have some readable content after I click "decrypt" within the workspace.

I believe if I force decrypt by using current first and last sector, it will then somehow will encrypted the unencrypted sector and vice versa.

I randomly check some sector using workspace and after I click decrypt, it will become all zeros. I check last 10 sector using workspace and found that it has meaningless content before and after I click decrypt.

If this is the case, How can I find the encrypted first sector and last sector? what kind of pattern that I need to find to determine that sector is still encrypted.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee nyeshoda
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to find encrypted sector

Highlighted
fanwar
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to find encrypted sector

As I mentioned. First sector and last sector is aleady decrypted. I've checked with the workspace.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.