Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddzoole
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 20

How to decrypt the haddrive

Hi

My Hp  ProBook laptop is presanting with an error message when booting up Error EE050014. This is causing the laptop not to proceed with booting. I tried to use a McAfee CD to decrypt my Had drive but am asked for an Encryption Code of the day. The problem is, the antivirus am having is unregistered and therefore, i don't have a grant number to log in and download the encryption code of the day. It was pre installed with the operating system. Anything else I can do to resolve this problem?

19 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Message 2 of 20

Re: How to decrypt the haddrive

Hi Daniel,

Please let us know if you are using Virus Scan Enterprise or Total protection service , which of these programs  so we shall move this thread to the appropriate section for an expert from our Enterprise section to take care of your  issue.

Thanks,

ddzoole
Level 7
Message 3 of 20

Hi Dinz

Thanks for your help. Am using Total protection service.

Look forward to hear from you

Daniel

tyomni
Level 9
Message 4 of 20

Hm. Any updates? I am interested how are they going to find Encryption code if You were using unregistered version? Or it is the same for all?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 20

tyomni wrote:

Hm. Any updates? I am interested how are they going to find Encryption code if You were using unregistered version? Or it is the same for all?

tyomni,

This appears to be about the encryption code for another product, not McAfee so not sure what you are talking about.

Daniel, you say Total Protection but earlier you said Total Prtotection Service, which is it?  MTP or SaaS.  If the latter I will move this thread to Enterprise where I think it belongs.

SafeBoot
Level 21
Message 6 of 20

I'm not sure where this thread should go - his problem is not with the AV, it's with the HP encryption product. Feel free to drop it in the Biz encryption EEM forum if you want, but in reality, the thread should be on HP's system I think.

ddzoole
Level 7
Message 7 of 20

Hi tyomni

You are right that I said Total Prtotection Service. But that was just a typing error. Sorry for that. But the correct word should be Total Protection Service

SafeBoot
Level 21
Message 8 of 20

Are you sure you're using a McAfee product? I think you might be using a HP product instead...

ddzoole
Level 7
Message 9 of 20

My Laptop is Hp ProBook 4430s and have been in use for the past  year. The antivirus that has been in use is McAfee total protection. When booting up, it is coming up with error EE050014 and this error a McAfee error code.

So, am confused with your suggestion. May be if you can shade more light on it.

Daniel Banda wrote:

My Laptop is Hp ProBook 4430s and have been in use for the past  year. The antivirus that has been in use is McAfee total protection. When booting up, it is coming up with error EE050014 and this error a McAfee error code.

So, am confused with your suggestion. May be if you can shade more light on it.

Hi Daniel Banda,

Click on the link that SafeBoot supplied.

It would help others to help you, if you were to reboot and if you can take a digital pictue of the error code and post it in a reply, if you can't do a PrtScrn Snapshot of the Error message.

Can you boot into the operating system?

What do you mean that you are using an unregistered copy of McAfee Total Protection? Have you been receiving DAT Updates? Have you tried to uninstall McAfee Total Protection?