cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add SATA drivers in the safeboot WinTech CD

I have downloaded the SATA drivers for the tablet PC that I want to recover, how do I add these drivers to the wintech CD

Thanks
7 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

RE: How to add SATA drivers in the safeboot WinTech CD

That's a question to ask Microsoft. You need to build the CD with the drivers in it, you can't install them afterwards AFAIK.

There's an article on my blog about how to use AIK to build a PE CD, you might get inspiration from that. There's also a script with a whole bunch of drivers in it which might if you're lucky contain the ones you needed. You can probably see from the script how to install drivers into AIK.
mreco
Level 9
Message 3 of 8

RE: How to add SATA drivers in the safeboot WinTech CD

When you create a BartPE CD, you can add the drivers to a subdirectory of %pebuilder%\drivers\SCSIAdapter and copy the drivers in there. The will be added to the BartPE CD automatically when building the CD.

Re: How to add SATA drivers in the safeboot WinTech CD

if you rebuilding the ISO or maybe using pe2usb to USB stick for usbbootable.

then copy the driver into \I386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and edit the \I386\TXTSETUP.SIF to load the driver during boot.

note: in usb I386 renamed to minint

Drop your SATA driver plugins to the C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin folder. Prior to writing the image or to CD - check the required plugins are enabled or not.

You might want to give a look at DPsBase if you not yet created a SATA plugin for MEE.

- Amiya

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

The above only works for BartPE, not for WinPE so be warned. Adding drivers to an AIK created WinPE cd is now pretty easy - see my script on CTOGoneWild as above for inspiration, but basically you just run

peimg /inf="driver inf file name" "mount point of the Windows directory of your mounted WinPE creation"

see the peimg command help for full details.

Safeboot,

is there any guide on making wintech on winpe? i only have the one with bartpe.

Is anyone trying reatogo (based on BartPe) - it has neat feature to autodetect your driver

http://www.reatogo.de/forumPics/AutoDriver_usage.jpg

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yes, there's an overview, you can get it I think though ONLY through Platinum support. It's not published on the standard CDs at the moment. If I am wrong though please someone let me know where the public version is.

The BartPE guide does explain what you have to do though, though not how to do it as there are so many versions of WinPE - for the latest version (AIK) just use the script from google.com/site/ctogonewild

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community