cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Customize/Package the EEM 5.2.5 Management Console Installation

Jump to solution

When we initially had McAfee onsite for the server install, they left us with a customized Admin Console installation (V.5.1.7).  I recall that being simply a matter of customizing one of the .ini files such that during the install it would un-check the un-wanted pieces as part of the install and avoid prompting for user input.  We have numerous areas using the admin console and I'd prefer to customize a installation into a simply install package which would minimize any potential confusion by support staff.

Any wisdom from the community would be appreciated as I'm able to edit and package so long as I know where to look to cusomize...

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: How Do I Customize/Package the EEM 5.2.5 Management Console Installation

Jump to solution

there's a tool on my personal site (http://sites.google.com/site/ctogonewild), miniadmin, which will create a package for you - the SUPPORTED way of installing the admin system though is to use the distribution media.

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 10/19/10 3:39:52 PM EDT
10 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

there's a tool on my personal site (http://sites.google.com/site/ctogonewild), miniadmin, which will create a package for you - the SUPPORTED way of installing the admin system though is to use the distribution media.

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 10/19/10 3:39:52 PM EDT

Jump to solution

Simon,

i'd tried this tools but i wonder how to preset the database connection

so when i installed the created package on other machine i don't have to put it the database server manually.

Is there any files that i need to change?

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

miniadmin copies an existing configuration, so as long as you have a remote connection listed in your EEM login window, Miniadmin will use that when it makes a package.

So, if the remote connection is missing, right-click the server in EEM and do "add to databases" to put it in the list.

Jump to solution

thanks..

because i ran this on the manager itself..

so remote connection is missing..

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

it's best to run it on a clean remote install, because it picks up EVERYTHING that it does not know specifically to install.

So, install one remote admin from the distr media, being sure to miss out anything you don't need, connect it (using a remote connection) back to your main sbdbserver ip/dns etc, and make a miniadmin package from that.

Jump to solution

One question on miniadmin, if I may.  I tried to run it on a system with the full remote console loaded, and I get an error that ISET5.exe is missing, contact my McAfee Consultant...  Is that file only available via a professional services engagement or from my SE?  Can I find that file somewhere else?  Google was no help when searching for that filename.

Thanks,

heath

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

tell your platinum support person to contact me and I'll make sure they have a copy for you. It's not generally available as you say.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Simon,

used your tool today and worked like a charm.  I did need to install both EEM and EEPC to be able to see the machines after installing package created via your tool.

Additionally, I needed to copy the ISET5 file from the production server SBDATA folder to the machine i was creating the package on as it was required and indicated to contact vendor rep when it was not available.

Anyhow, thanks again to both you and peter...

Jump to solution

This topic was discussed many times and best practice is to install EEM 5.2.5 (and EEPC 5.2.5) on Terminal Server that is well connected (fast LAN) to the Database Server.

For that reason, you do not need to install it many times.

You will benefit from better performance, reliabilty and security, compared with distributed EEM installs on remote PC's.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.