Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOM2010
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

Getting error 0xe0030002 Unable to mount the SBFS

We are testing for an upgrade from v5.1.8 to v5.2.4  Everything looks great until we try to use the BartPE with Wintech/SafeTech.  We have no problems using either tool on v5.1.8.   When we did a test boot with our 5.1.8 BartPE CD or USB flash drive we can get authorized with the Daily code but when attempting to authenticate from SBFs we get the error 0xe0050004 "The wrong version of the SafeBoot client is currently active."  that makes sense because 5.1.8 is not forwards compatible.  So we built a WinPE using Simon's instructions with the Windows AIK.  It works ok, we can get authorized and authenticated, and see data in on the encrypted drive.  However when we restart the machine we then get error "0xe0030002 "Unable to mount the SBFS"   We then built a SafeTech (USB) from our 5.2.4 EEM and when booting from it we can authorize with the daily code but it hangs when trying to authenticate to the SBFS.   Any ideas about how to fix this?

17 Replies

Re: Getting error 0xe0030002 Unable to mount the SBFS

Use floppy instead of USB. Get authentication from database (SDB) rather than SBFS.

Those are troubleshooting steps to help you to isolate exact cause of your issue.

Re: Getting error 0xe0030002 Unable tomount the SBFS

We had a issue where the SafeBoot laptop wasgiving us the same error 0xe0030002 Unable to mount the SBFS.

First of all the post was very helpful as itsays to boot /get authentication from database (SDB) rather thanSBFS. However theissue was, we did not know how to get the .SDB file. ( the location where tofind the sdb was not on this thread)

Eventually figured out after login to ourSafeboot environment located the Laptop and

Select the laptop that has the error - rightclick  select Export configuration, and save the file by giving a name andthat saved with a .sdb extension

I assume this is the SDB database file used toboot the laptop. I still have to send this to FSE ( Field Service Eng) and willget the feedback later if it workd.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Message was edited by: miquraishi on 4/10/13 11:19:18 AM CDT
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 18

emergency boot the machine (ie don't authenticate from the local broken sbfs).

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 5 of 18

I exported the .sdb file, booted from USB flash drive (no floppy available), authorize with the daily code, then when trying to authorize from the DB file it  looked like SafeTech froze. then a few seconds later it asked to select the alg, I did that ok, then it asked for the location of the .sbd file, I pointed to it ok, and over 1 minute later it's still trying to authenticate. and my mouse pointer is frozen.

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 6 of 18

what on the WinPE may have altered the SBFS?

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 7 of 18

it finally authorized and I'm restoring EEPC MBR right now

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 8 of 18

Message was EEPC MBR successfully restored.  Reboot gets the same original error - Unable to mount the SBFS

Get USB floppy and perform Emergency Boot procedure. SBFS corruption is NOT about MBR.

Which SafeTech version are you running?

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 10 of 18

SafeTech 5.2.4  I don't have a floppy drive available.  What diff does it make if I use a USB instead of a floppy?   I built the SafeTech USB from the same place I would build a floppy if I had one.  Wouldn't it write the same files?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community