cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetRecoveryResponseCode

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like an example of using the command GetRecoveryResponseCode.

In the documentation, it is not clear because the example is a command Result section, and if it's correct, I don't know how to use it.

The result of my coonnection is OK.

And I try :

<Safeboot><SbAdminScripting><SbAdminConnection> ... </SbAdminConnection><SbADminCommand><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command>...

and

<SafeBoot><SbAdminScripting><SbAdminConnectionResult><ResultCode>0x00000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed successfully.</ResultDescription></SbAdminConnectionResult><SbAdminCommandResult><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command><ResultCode>0x00000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed successfully.</ResultDescription><Challenge>...

and I always have an error.

Could you help me please?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: GetRecoveryResponseCode

Jump to solution

I tried this command in past on command prompt and worked for me...

so in XML its not working for you ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

to work this command, you have to input "Challenge" & "Action" Parameter

for ex:

sbadmcl -command:getrecoveryResponsecode -adminuser:username -adminpwd:password -challange:NXFDGQ91TP01GT0S -Action:CreateToken

Jump to solution

rbdudani, thanks for your quick response.

I just posted the beginning of the Input XML string. Of course the command was complete. The complete strings I tried :

<SafeBoot><SbAdminScripting>
<SbAdminConnection><ConnectionType>Transient</ConnectionType><Database>SBDB</Database><AuthType>UserNamePassword</AuthType><AdminUser>SBAdmin</AdminUser><AdminPwd>pwd</AdminPwd></SbAdminConnection>
<SbAdminCommand><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command><Challenge>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Challenge><Action>ResetPassword</Action></SbAdminCommand>
</SbAdminScripting></SafeBoot>

<SafeBoot><SbAdminScripting>
<SbAdminConnectionResult><ResultCode>0x00000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed Successfully.</ResultDescription></SbAdminConnectionResult>
<SbAdminCommandResult><Command>GetRecoveryResponseCode</Command><ResultCode>0x00000000</ResultCode><ResultDescription>The operation completed successfully.</ResultDescription><Challenge>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Challenge><Action>ResetPassword</Action></SbAdminCommandResult>
</SbAdminScripting></SafeBoot>

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I tried this command in past on command prompt and worked for me...

so in XML its not working for you ?

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

rbdudani,

No, it doesn't work. But, I think it's because I used the wrong Action.

The right "Action" I needed was  "Create Token" and now, it works and I have the result I was hoping.

Maybe, the action "Reset Password" only works from the client PC.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community