cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application Error, shuts down SBServer service

Has anyone experienced issues with Application Errors that shutdown SBserver service? Lately, last coupe of months every so often the Windows server 2k3 SP2 generates an error "Faulting application, SbdbServer.exe,  Version 5.1.2, faulting module SbFileDb.dll". The dll files change so its not the same .dll on all these errors. I haven't read any issues pertaining to this version causing this type of an error. Planning on upgrading to 5.2.3 but was wondering if anyone has seen similar issues with this version or other versions.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Re: Faulting application Error, shuts down SBServer service

Check/StressTest your server components. Peruse event logs for other correlated messages (resource shortages). Run AV check.

Error does seem to occur very sporadically though. Have database service set up to auto recover.

I'd just go the Nuke it route.

Fail over to backup server, uninstall/reinstall on primary server and fail back.

depending on the size of the DB shouldn't take to long.

It might take it quite long and there is no guarantee that it would fix observed error. I'm seeing it also, once every three or four months, with no obvious ill effects.

Setting service to auto restart on failure, provides service continuity.

Odgeuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

I see it too since moving from v4.2.15 to v5.2.2. Some weeks it might happen a couple of times and then nothing for months.

I have set the service to restart so service is interupted only temporarily, but you do tend to worry about database corruption when this sort of things happens.

No obvious links to this happening and activity on the SB Server as far as I can see ie. it doesn't just happen at high server load times.

Typical Error:

Faulting application SbDbServer.exe, version 5.2.2.4, faulting module SbFileDb.dll, version 5.2.2.4, fault address 0x0000bd97.

On restart, sometimes see a warning in the logs which says something like:

Reporting queued error: faulting application SbDbServer.exe, version 5.2.2.4, faulting module SbDbMgr.dll, version 5.2.2.4, fault address 0x000012b1.

Message was edited by: Odgeuk on 07/10/10 03:22:49 CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community