cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dear All,

Now, we have started implementing FRP 5.x for a selective number of users. The deal is that we are installing FRP on a USB drive. 

The task is that we will need to copy the files from the USB drive to a local machine where FRP is not installed on the node, then format the USB. 

I know that we could format the USB drive, but the question is after copying the files from the USB to a local machine, can it work?

I am learning this product. Kindly help me understand how the policies work for FRP and throw some light on the product.

I can also read the documents in the mean time.

Thank you all in advance.

Venu

Venu
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Hi @vnaidu ,

Kindly note that there are two types of FRP encryption, one is to encrypt the files and the other is to encrypt the removable media itself. 

In removable media encryption we dont encrypt the files however we create a container and encrypt this container with FRP password or key, files copied inside this container remain safe and the files are not encrypted by default. 

However you can explicitly encrypt a file and copy it to a pen drive.

Kindly explain us the scenario which you are using in here.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Hi @vnaidu ,

Kindly note that there are two types of FRP encryption, one is to encrypt the files and the other is to encrypt the removable media itself. 

In removable media encryption we dont encrypt the files however we create a container and encrypt this container with FRP password or key, files copied inside this container remain safe and the files are not encrypted by default. 

However you can explicitly encrypt a file and copy it to a pen drive.

Kindly explain us the scenario which you are using in here.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community