Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgfs
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 17

Error (code=e130002): No installer executable stub found

I'm getting the above message when I try create an install set for Windows Mobile Devices. When I check under Safeboot File Groups PDA has no files in it yet I selected all PDA components when I installed safeboot. All other areas of the safeboot server are ok including the PDA Server which is set up to run as a service. License wise I have 501 for PocketPC Devices so I should be ok on that score. Any ideas?
16 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 17

RE: Error (code=e130002): No installer executable stub found

Did you pick the Windows mobile options when you first installed the admin system, or did you reinstall the admin system a 2nd time and pick them?
bgfs
Level 7
Message 3 of 17

This was a re-install, does it make a difference?
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 17

absolutely- reinstalling only affects the windows applications - it does not affect your policy database at all (that would be BAD).

You need to manually add the new options. You might want to get a services person in to help you, but the Windows Mobile ISET is sbwmfiles.ini if I remember right. You'll need to create an appropriate file group with the right attributes etc then import it as a file set. You should end up with a group of two files if I remember.

So, to summarize here's what you need to do:

• Go to the system tab -> SafeBoot Filegroups
  • Open the WM: Device Encryption for Mobile (or something) filegrouop
  • Right-click in the opened filegroup, and select "Import file-set"
  • Find the "sbwmfiles.ini" file in the root of your sbadmin folder
  • Click OK, and you're a happy person

Note: here I assume that the filegroup still exists, which would be the most simple thing to use as the permissions are set correctly in there.
If it does not exist, simply create it (give it a nice name) and go to the properties to set the "Content" to "PDA Files".
bgfs
Level 7
Message 6 of 17

Looks good, I've managed to create the install set, thanks for your help

Out of curiosity, would selecting the "update file groups" option under the System Tab find the missing file groups and update the database as well, or does that only look for updates for existing file groups?
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 17

AFAIK it only updates existing files - otherwise it would try to add all the options you elected not to add at the beginning wink
mrgui
Level 7
Message 9 of 17

After upgrading on a test server from 5300 to 5500, it "updated" some groups and "added" others, like the 5.1.7 client files for DE. Give it a shot, you can always cancel or uncheck everything. I think it reads in all of the IST files (I think that is the extension) or INI files looking for new "file groups". It is definitely smoother than 4.x versions, although I wish there was an easy way to clean up the out-dated files from the server install folder.

Did the following on my completely McAfee clean test box:

1. Installed McAfee EE Build 5500 with default options, but UNCHECKED the MBR Fix
2. Configured a new database, saw the MBR fix Option was not in the File Groups
3. Installed software again, this type checking the MBR option.
4. Checked file groups, MBR option not there (that's a good thing)
5. Hit "Update File Groups" - saw that the MBR option was available as a "new file group"

So, it looks like it scans the program directory looking for new file sets and not just updates. This is the way I'd like to to work. I don't want things to happen on their own, and I don't want to have to point at some file set after doing an update or new installation. Perfect happy
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center