cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cambo
Level 7

Error code 0xc4010000 - Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders

Hi all, I have recently set up McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager v5.1.7.0 on a server at work, and successfully deployed the client to a notebook PC (Win XP Pro SP3).

Everything worked fine then, however after setting up and installing the Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders on the client PC, I keep getting prompted for a McAfee Endpoint Encryption Logon (doesnt accept the one I entered in the pre-boot logon), and it keeps giving an error saying:

Error code: 0xc4010000
Description: The user name does not currently exist in the local database and the network database cannot be reached at this time.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, resynchronizing, and recreating the policies and encryption keys, but must be doing something wrong! Can someone PLEASE help :confused:

Many thanks for your time grin
0 Kudos
9 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

RE: Error code 0xc4010000 - Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders

it means the connection strategy you chose when you created the install set for EEFF doesn't work - the client is trying to talk to the server to obtain your keys etc, and that server is simply not contactable.

recreate the install set and pay careful attention to the bit where you pick the servers.
0 Kudos
Dvanmeter
Level 9

I wonder if the Safeboot service is actually running on the Server?
0 Kudos
cambo
Level 7

Thanks for your help guys - I've confirmed the 'McAfee Endpoint Encryption Database Server' services is running.

Safeboot, do you know where the server options in the EEFF policy are set? When I check the options for the policy I've created, I can't seem to find anywhere to enter server options..
0 Kudos
cambo
Level 7

I got this one sorted out - What I had to do was select my EE server under the System tab, then right click on it and select 'Add to databases', then recreate the installation set and run on the client machine.

However I've now run in to another problem. After I logged into EEFF successfully, the system just freezes and I cant do anything. Ive rebooted, and it logs in fine now, but just hangs on the main desktop - I can move the mouse but when I go to the start button the mouse shows loading and I can't click anywhere. Any ideas?? There seems to be no CPU/Network activity.
cambo
Level 7

After reinstalling EEFF client, still having the same issue, although I can now see 'SbClientManager.exe' process is taking up ~30% CPU, and has been going for at least 20 minutes. Has anyone had this issue?
0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

1) do you have keyhole visibility turned on?
2) did you set a policy which indicates to encrypt some existing folders with files in them?
3) if you open the EEFF status (from the tool tray) does it say it's busy doing something?

Simon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
smalldog
Level 12

Re: RE: Error code 0xc4010000 - Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders

I have the same problems, tried add to database options and re-create install set but didn't work Any solutions for this one. Thanks for advance        

0 Kudos
bgriffet
Level 7

Your communications service is probably not started. Run the database manager and make sure that you have created a communications database. This will start the communications as an application but you can click on "file" and then "start as a service".

0 Kudos
simohome
Level 7

Your workaround worked just fine for me.

Though I have got listed two servers now. what can I do to get rid of the old one from the group of servers.

THanks in advance for your help

Cheers

0 Kudos