Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dvanmeter
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Enpoint Encryption 6.0

Anyone heard when the EPO integrated version 6.0 will be out or at least begin beta? We were told it would be out by this summer but I am surprised there hasn't been a beta to go with EPO 4.5 released
11 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 12

RE: Enpoint Encryption 6.0

we won't be releasing any information on v6 until probably 4 weeks from release. There's nothing public available yet.
Dvanmeter
Level 10
Message 3 of 12

Any idea when the release may be out, summer, next year?
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

We're not disclosing any dates for v6 at the moment. Sorry.
Mindcrime
Level 9
Message 5 of 12

Our rep told us three days ago that it would be Q4 of this year.
RBC_CS
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

Never can trust those marketing types.

Mindcrime, your rep probably told you that with an existing NDA in place 😉

RBC_CS: Agreed happy

I'll ask a more generic question - SafeBoot, historically is there a beta program where customers are able to see new versions and submit feedback before a version is RTM, or is all testing normally done in house before a release? If so, would one find this information on the McAfee website?
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Historically I believe McAfee have offered early release betas to a limited customer base.

as I say though, we're not offering anything at the moment to anyone. The only reason people know abuot v6, is because it's one more than the current version, v5 wink
Mindcrime
Level 9
Message 9 of 12

I never break or violate NDAs. I never signed or agreed to any kind of NDA, and he never made any mention of his comments being sensitive and between us only. *shrug*
mrgui
Level 7
Message 10 of 12

Just because you didn't sign an NDA, doesn't mean that your company didn't. You as an administrator, were probably not part of the legal paperwork established between your company and McAfee. As an employee of your company, you are obligated to adhere to the legally binding contract between your company and McAfee.

This is a public forum that can be used by anyone. Discussion of non-public information on this forum would likely constitute a contract breach and could result in legal action against you or your employer.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community