cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoint Encryption

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to view a file that has been emailed to me.  The file has been encrypted using McAfee Endpoint Encryption.  When I click the file to view and I enter the Password used to

encrypt the file, a 2nd encrypted file appears but the same password will not work with this file.  I'm being told the issue is on my end but I can't understand how it is?

Below is a screen shot of the issue.  Any help will be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Example.jpg

Thanks

Paul

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Endpoint Encryption

It would seem they encrypted an encrypted file and didn't tell you the correct passwords. Get them to send it again.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Moved provisionally to Encryption EEM Managed as this certainly not a consumer product as that was where it was posted.   If this is the wrong spot I will move it again.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/06/14 5:20:24 EDT AM

I have got the file re-sent with a different password but the same thing is happening. 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community