Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGA
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Endpoint Encryption preboot logon defaulting to US keyboard - should be UK

Hi

I'm currently testing an upgrade from safeboot 4 to Endpoint Encryption 5.1.9.0 Build 5701

The problem I have is the first time the new Endpoint Encryption preboot logon appeasr the Keyboard is defaulting to a US keyboard and we have english keyboards

The File groups I have selected for the upgrade are

EEPC51 LANG: English United Kingdom/USA (PreBoot, Keyboard, Windows)
EEPC51: Endpoint Encryption 5.1.7 Client Files
FE5100: File Encryptor 5.1.0.0

I also have a custom Theme which includes the files
bar.png, graphics.ini,logonbanner.png, middel.png,options.png,recovery,png,stripe.png, tahoma12b.pbf,tahoma18b.pbf,tahoma8.pbf,tahoma8b.pbf

The issue I have is if a user is using a character like " as part of their password they end up typing @, if you click on Options, Options then the Local Language and Keyboard both show English (United Kingdom), if you then click OK then the preboot screen correctly shows Keyboard: English (United Kingdom) at the bottom of the screen and the keyboard is mapped correctly

The thing is it will be bad enough just doing the upgrade for all our users, let alone relying on the user to click on the option button to enable the UK keyboard for correct password entry.

How can I get the orebvoot environment to correctly start with the keyboard mapped to English (United Kingdom) ?, as previosuly stated when preboot first starts the Keyboard text does not show a keyboard, only after clicking on options does English (United Kingdom) appear.

Thanks

in Advance

Gordon
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

RE: Endpoint Encryption preboot logon defaulting to US keyboard - should be UK

there's a script which will do this for you - Your TierIII support person should be able to get it for you.

You also need to build the languages into the installer itself - if you apply them afterwards then it will assume you want to activate that language. If they are built in, the installer will pick the most appropriate one.

RE: Endpoint Encryption preboot logon defaulting to US keyboard - should be UK

We had the same problem and the File names for locale settings changed so i had re-referance them in the Custom theme and that fixed it. below is the locale.ini we use in our custom theme and that change it back for US to UK.

[Settings]
DefaultLanguage=0809
DefaultKeyboard=0809

[Languages]
0809=Lang.0809

[KeyBoards]
0809=Keyboard.0809

[LanguageIDMap]
0809.Language=0809
0809.Keyboard=0809

[Lang.0809]
Name=English (United Kingdom)
ID=0809
StringFile=0809.str
FontSection=Fonts.LatinAscii

[Keyboard.0809]
Name=English (United Kingdom)
Mapfile=0809_E.map
OSK=0809_OSK.XML
Highlighted
zn
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Re: Endpoint Encryption preboot logon defaulting to US keyboard - should be UK

I have just upgraded our system to 5.2.5 from 5.2.1 and have started to test upgrading the clients.

On a couple of Toshibas I've found they changed to a US keyboardm this is after me only deselecting EEPC52: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.1 Client Files and selecting EEPC52: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.5 Client Files

I don't have a custom theme.

The user can go into options and change the language but I don't want them to have to do this?

zn
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Re: Endpoint Encryption preboot logon defaulting to US keyboard - should be UK

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community