cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCBeMe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 71 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

Thank you for this post 🙂

We were planning on deploying EEFF/RM 3.2.5.   Based on this thread we are going to validate if we also see the issue then someone gets to tell my management that we are waiting for 3.2.6.

motc7
Level 7
Message 72 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

BCBeMe wrote:

Thank you for this post :-)

We were planning on deploying EEFF/RM 3.2.5.   Based on this thread we are going to validate if we also see the issue then someone gets to tell my management that we are waiting for 3.2.6.

No worries and glad I could help.

I do not know how in the world the moderators could class this as possibly answered?  The workaround suggested did not work, so it's hard to believe that a new release of the product, which presumably has this workaround hard programmed in it would work either.

Oh yes, and for you Nero users, especially version 10, I just realized today that McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders breaks that program as well.  Lovely product.

The work around posted above by KThomas does actually seem to work on our new builds - however I haven't been able to try it on our older devices that are currently in use.

I've just had a call from a Tier 3 engineer to let us know that it has been fixed in the latest version 3.2.6 and 4 (EPO) but he didn't know the exact release date. I've been told a rough estimate of "End of September", hopefully this will be of some use to people that are hanging on!

Dave

Pembie
Level 7
Message 74 of 76

The earliest estimated release date for McAfee EEFF maintenance release 3.2.6 was the end of Sep 2010. That has now passed, does anybody know when we are likely to see this release.

Nothing new in my ticket - I'll give them a prod and see if they have any other dates for us.

Out of interest, the fix did seem to work for a while, but the last 7 PCs that I have rolled out have re-exhibited the problem even with the above fixes in place.

Pembie
Level 7
Message 76 of 76

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, not really surprised about what you said with regards to the fixes, so its odds on favourite that if and when the Maintenance Release (ever) comes out that it wont solve the problem!

Many Thanks

Roy

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community