cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

rbarstow wrote:

Just got off the phone w/ Gold support. First step is to try EEFF 3.2.5, released 4/5/2010. According to them, there is no mention of this specific problem in the release notes.

Documentation is available, but the Release Notes link goes to a 404.

So I guess we uninstall our previous version first then install the new set on the server, create a new installation set and go from there?

Honestly, I have ZERO hope that this will work, but lets give it a shot.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 32 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

Already in progress. SHould have something to report in <30 mins.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 33 of 76

Sadly, you are correct. Same bug still exists w/ EEFF 3.2.5

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 34 of 76

rbarstow wrote:

Sadly, you are correct. Same bug still exists w/ EEFF 3.2.5

Confirmed on my end as well.  3.2.5.5 is a no go on resolving the "D+P fail to load issue."     That's right, I just gave it it's name!

Message was edited by: Hunter Bonner on 4/8/10 3:52:57 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 35 of 76

Just found this thread yesterday. We just assumed it was maybe a windows update issue.

We have a number of laptops recently issued to our users that have gradually being going down the path of not being able to access "Devices & Printers". Guess what, all have Endpoint Encryption installed and are of course Windows 7. One user got his laptop last week, up untill the other day he was able to view "Devices & Printers" then in the afternoon could not.

We have 2 Windows 7 PCs in the office, both identical make and build, one has endpoint encryption and the other doesnt, guess what, the PC without, you can access "Devices & Printers", the one with you cannot. Its kind of pretty obvious to me where the problem lays.

We are using EEM v5,1,8,0 (Build 5600 518-0011). Does anyone out there yet have a solution that has been given the OK from McAfee yet, I'm all ears.

Highlighted

We've had a severe lack of replies from Mcafee support until last night at around 10pm, still no solution though, I'm afraid.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 37 of 76

Welcome to the fold of "McAfee Drags Their Feet 2010"

This is so annoying and I have heard NOTHING from McAfee in the almost 2-3 weeks since escalation to development.  what's really chapping my hide is the fact this issue has been around since your version, I reported it, and they did nothing but say, "It's not supported on Windows 7, here, download the new client" which I did and well you know the rest.

I am just getting annoyed that we paid extra for something that has reduced functionality in Windows 7.

Highlighted

Oh, by the way, I'm only at tier 2 support

Our EEM is: 5,2,3,5 Build 5701 (519-0010)

Message was edited by: DaveTeknocraft on 20/05/10 08:48:44 CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 39 of 76

Well, we are contacting our rep on this.  We are going to cancel this portion of our contract.  Really sad though because I like the interface, just not the reduced functionality.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 40 of 76

Not surprising, I get an email this morning asking where is my MER report that I sent three days ago?  Great stuff McAfee!    

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community