cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motc7
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

waltm134 wrote:

Just did some digging on McAfee support KB and found:

Operating SystemMicrosoft
Minimum
Service Pack
Build 57##
Build 56##
Build 55##
Build 54##
Build 53##
Windows 2008 Server edition (32-bit / 64-bit)-NoNo NoNoNoNoNoNo
Windows 2003 Server2YesYesYesNoNoNoNoNo
Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)-Yes**NoNoNoNoNoNoNo

** EEFF 3.2.4 has some known issues with Windows 7. For more information refer to the EEFF 3.2.4 releases notes in PD22509.

This is from KB68072, and it more or less indicates that the only version that "officially" supports Windows 7 is 3.2.4, with exceptions as to that there are known issues.

Placing a call with Support now to see about getting a download for 3.2.4 or newer.

We have Windows Server 2003 SP2 and EEFF 3.2.4 and we are still having the same problem.  I mean you can upgrade, but it's not going to fix the D+P issue.

rbarstow
Level 10
Message 22 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

Not seeing this problem on my test Win7 device.

Windows 7 installed, then EEPC 5.2.2 then EEFF 3.2.4.1 with EERM.

Also has McAfee DLP and AV 8.7i.

motc7
Level 7
Message 23 of 76

rbarstow wrote:

Not seeing this problem on my test Win7 device.

Windows 7 installed, then EEPC 5.2.2 then EEFF 3.2.4.1 with EERM.

Also has McAfee DLP and AV 8.7i.

Do you have any network printers added to devices?  Specifically HP?    

rbarstow
Level 10
Message 24 of 76

I'm using a LOCAL user, not a domain user, so not much in the way of GPO settings.

I had only the default XPS Doc Writer printer. Added a Ricoh 5000, since that's what I could find.  I'm not sure we have any more HP printers around(!), but I'll take a look.

I'll also try a domain user.

motc7
Level 7
Message 25 of 76

rbarstow wrote:

I'm using a LOCAL user, not a domain user, so not much in the way of GPO settings.

I had only the default XPS Doc Writer printer. Added a Ricoh 5000, since that's what I could find.  I'm not sure we have any more HP printers around(!), but I'll take a look.

I'll also try a domain user.

Right-o.  Looking forward to your report.    

rbarstow
Level 10
Message 26 of 76

Darnit.

Local user, added a TCP/IP printer, (Lanier MFD)

Closed Dev&Printers, reopened...SAME PROBLEM!

Note: I did not close Dev & Printers before I added the TCP/IP printer, so that *may* have broken it, rather than the second printer.

motc7
Level 7
Message 27 of 76

rbarstow wrote:

Darnit.

Local user, added a TCP/IP printer, (Lanier MFD)

Closed Dev&Printers, reopened...SAME PROBLEM!

Note: I did not close Dev & Printers before I added the TCP/IP printer, so that *may* have broken it, rather than the second printer.

So now you were able to break it like we did but on a local user, not domain?    

rbarstow
Level 10
Message 28 of 76

Yes, local user.

Deinstalled EEFF, rebooted. Devices and Printers is normal, including all printers added earlier.

Removed printers, added printers, closed/restarted Devices and Printers, behaviour all normal.

Reinstalled EEFF, rebooted, did NOT logon/synch it.

Devices and Printers is normal a few times, able to add/remove printers, close/restart Devices and Printers.

A few minutes later, Devices and Printers is not refreshing/displaying properly.

Clearly related to EEFF, doesn't appear related to the EEFF policy, since I haven't synced it.

I don't think it's User-GPO related, since I'm using a local user. *May* be related to a machine-side GPO. I'm not sure what's set there, since this is a sandbox environment.

motc7
Level 7
Message 29 of 76

rbarstow wrote:

Yes, local user.

Deinstalled EEFF, rebooted. Devices and Printers is normal, including all printers added earlier.

Removed printers, added printers, closed/restarted Devices and Printers, behaviour all normal.

Reinstalled EEFF, rebooted, did NOT logon/synch it.

Devices and Printers is normal a few times, able to add/remove printers, close/restart Devices and Printers.

A few minutes later, Devices and Printers is not refreshing/displaying properly.

Clearly related to EEFF, doesn't appear related to the EEFF policy, since I haven't synced it.

I don't think it's User-GPO related, since I'm using a local user. *May* be related to a machine-side GPO. I'm not sure what's set there, since this is a sandbox environment.

I for one haven't the foggiest clue where to begin on that.

rbarstow
Level 10
Message 30 of 76

Just got off the phone w/ Gold support. First step is to try EEFF 3.2.5, released 4/5/2010. According to them, there is no mention of this specific problem in the release notes.

Documentation is available, but the Release Notes link goes to a 404.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community