cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motc7
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

I called support and they showed me how to uninstall.  I created a new installation set that would show this in Add/Remove.

What I did was that uinstalled EEFF and still my Devices and Printers screen will not load.

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

If you are running McAfee AV with Access Protection, the EEFF uninstall is blocked by Access Protection. See for more details (my posting on April 6th, specifically).

motc7
Level 7
Message 13 of 76

incidentally, I have sent in logfiles and everything on this issue to be escalated to Tier 2.  I would consider this a high priority as this could hold up Windows 7 deployment.

I have this exact same problem here with EEFF 3.2.2.10.  Just put the pieces together today regarding why Devices and Printers is blank, but definitively traced it to EEFF.  Is there a version that does fix this bug?  Have not reported this to support yet, may do that tomorrow.

Message was edited by: waltm134 on 4/7/10 6:51:53 PM CDT
motc7
Level 7
Message 15 of 76

waltm134 wrote:

I have this exact same problem here with EEFF 3.2.2.10.  Just put the pieces together today regarding why Devices and Printers is blank, but definitively traced it to EEFF.  Is there a version that does fix this bug?  Have not reported this to support yet, may do that tomorrow.

Message was edited by: waltm134 on 4/7/10 6:51:53 PM CDT

When you say you put the pieces together, are you just meaning that you traced it to EEFF, or do you know the source of the conflict and it's nature?  I.e. Elaborate please?              

Yes, meant that I traced the problem to EEFF.  We use McAfee AV 8.7i/AS/HIP and removed all of those with no changes, also read online that this problem can be caused by AD group policy, but disabled all GP for a test machine/user and no changes.  Removed EEFF and the problem went away immediately.  If there is a version that is known to not have this problem with 7 then I would like to upgrade to that version.

Behavior is somewhat strange as to when this symptom arrives, if a new user logs into a system that they have not logged into before, the Devices and Printers CP will be available, but within a few hours, all the items will disappear/green progress bar etc.  If you delete the profile and re-login, it will be available for a while and then disappear.

motc7
Level 7
Message 17 of 76

waltm134 wrote:

Yes, meant that I traced the problem to EEFF.  We use McAfee AV 8.7i/AS/HIP and removed all of those with no changes, also read online that this problem can be caused by AD group policy, but disabled all GP for a test machine/user and no changes.  Removed EEFF and the problem went away immediately.  If there is a version that is known to not have this problem with 7 then I would like to upgrade to that version.

Behavior is somewhat strange as to when this symptom arrives, if a new user logs into a system that they have not logged into before, the Devices and Printers CP will be available, but within a few hours, all the items will disappear/green progress bar etc.  If you delete the profile and re-login, it will be available for a while and then disappear.

That is exactly my results to a tee!  Is the CTO reading this thread still?    

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 76

I read, but remember, this is a community forum - if you want McAfee to pay attention to this, you need to report it via your support organization. This forum does not bypass the support teams.

motc7
Level 7
Message 19 of 76

SafeBoot wrote:

I read, but remember, this is a community forum - if you want McAfee to pay attention to this, you need to report it via your support organization. This forum does not bypass the support teams.

Oh yes, I reported via the phone center, provided logfiles etc for this.  In fact, the tech found my forum posting! 

Just saying that all the techs are saying they cannot replicate this, when clearly others can.  If it's a GPO conflict, then that is something I think McAfee would need to provide a workaround for since most organizations use GPO.

Just did some digging on McAfee support KB and found:

Operating SystemMicrosoft
Minimum
Service Pack
Build 57##
Build 56##
Build 55##
Build 54##
Build 53##
Windows 2008 Server edition (32-bit / 64-bit)-NoNo NoNoNoNoNoNo
Windows 2003 Server2YesYesYesNoNoNoNoNo
Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)-Yes**NoNoNoNoNoNoNo

** EEFF 3.2.4 has some known issues with Windows 7. For more information refer to the EEFF 3.2.4 releases notes in PD22509.

This is from KB68072, and it more or less indicates that the only version that "officially" supports Windows 7 is 3.2.4, with exceptions as to that there are known issues.

Placing a call with Support now to see about getting a download for 3.2.4 or newer.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community