cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motc7
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 76

Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

We recently installed Windows 7 upgrade onto our machines at work.  We run Endpoint for PC and we are looking to deploy Encryption Files and Folders but the problem is that it breaks Devices and Printers.  What happens is that you launch it, and then you just get a blank window with a green status bar loading.  The problem is that the none of the device icons ever show.  This only happened after installing Encryption for Files and Folders.

I did do some research on the internet, and no the issues is not a corrupt windows profile, or that the bluetooth service is disabled, because even when running this issue happens.  I even wiped the Harddrive and then reinstalled Windows.  Devices and Printers were working until I installed Encryption  for Files and Folders.

Does McAfee have a workaround for this?

Moved from Community Help to Encryption V6 provisionally, for better attention - Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/16/09 7:30 AM
75 Replies
DLarson
Level 12
Message 2 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

Windows 7 is not yet a supported platform for EEFF.

motc7
Level 7
Message 3 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

O.k.  Isn't that a bit slack in thinking?  I mean, Windows XP support has entered the extended life cycle of support, and couple that with Vista being a flop, people are going to move towards 7 to upgrade systems.

When can we expect an update to be compatible with Windows 7?

But if you check:

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53698

It says that EEFF 3.2.x is supported (*)

motc7
Level 7
Message 5 of 76

But when I goto my products, I don't see a download for 5.2 for Endpoint Encryption.

motc7
Level 7
Message 7 of 76

I just downloaded EEFF 3.2.4.  Once again, this breaks Devices and Printers, in that the window will attempt to load but never does.  When is McAfee going to fix this issue?

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 76

did you open a ticket for this issue with McAfee support? What's the number?

motc7
Level 7
Message 9 of 76

Service Request # 3-862143657 has been created.

Now I cannot find a way to uninstall this thing.  There is no listing in Add/Remove programs, there is no uninstaller anywhere, and I cannot delete the folder.

what gives?

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 76

there would be a listing in add/remove programs if you ticked that option when you created the install set. Otherwise, details on how to uninstall can be found in the "Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders Administrators Guide", installed along with EEM, in the chapter "Creating an install package"

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community