cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 51 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

Well, I hadn't looked that closely at EEFF under Win7, since EEPC was more important, until you posted your note.  Now, I've got to the point in testing to get on EEFF, and I finally have a real business case for using EEFF, so it was time to test.

The other thing is, I don't think I would ever have noticed this particular bug on my own. Thanks for posting!

PS: Ready for the World Cup yet? I've put in for my days off already.   (opening w/ USA vs. England will be fun!)

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 52 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

This thing says it's possibly answered?  How can that be?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 53 of 76

because there are a lot of replies. It's "possibly" answered. Also it's possibly not..

Highlighted

It has to say that. Useful or not. It also should thank responder for taking his time to reply and put legal disclaimer, just in case...

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 55 of 76

O.k.  totally understand that.

What I do not understand is why after nearly a week that I was told that I would get a call from Tier 3 when it's escalated to them, I've yet to hear from them?

Why is something like this that is so easily replicable, not fixed yet?  We paid several thousand dollars for this and other McAfee products.

Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 56 of 76

This is not McAfee Support Hunter, this is the community forum? If you want to pm me with your company and ticket number, I'll see what's going on.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 57 of 76

Got a call from Tier 3, but honestly it's as I said.  Tier 3 passing to development.

This is something that should be fixed ASAP.    

Highlighted

We are also experiencing the same issue.

If you have a customer that needs to access printers there are two work arounds:

Start -> Run -> printmanagement.msc

or

Start -> Run -> shell:::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0\::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Hope this helps someone!

(Currently at Tier 1 support)

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 59 of 76

DaveTeknocraft wrote:

We are also experiencing the same issue.

If you have a customer that needs to access printers there are two work arounds:

Start -> Run -> printmanagement.msc

or

Start -> Run -> shell:::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0\::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Hope this helps someone!

(Currently at Tier 1 support)

This is what we have been using already, but it is not a solution.  Other problems are arising now.  For instance, people installing Bluetooth devices and being told to manage them via the Devices and Printers screen.  Well, can't do that because it's not coming up.  Some people have Bluetooth keyboards and mice and cannot access their properties.

We really need a fix on this like NOW!

Highlighted

We've now been asked to replicate the problem (again). Both of our machines that are exhibiting the issue are the only Windows 7 machines that the client owns, and both are owned by busy people. This isn't an ideal way to solve the problem - hitting it with a sledgehammer (format) to try and solve it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community