cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

Got a request for a screenshot and a diagnostics report (?) from McAfee support.  Maybe we should reference our case numbers to our respective rep's so they can do some cross referencing between themselves.... my case number is 3-862122241.

motc7
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 42 of 76

Re: Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders breaks Windows 7 Devices and Printers.

waltm134 wrote:

Got a request for a screenshot and a diagnostics report (?) from McAfee support.  Maybe we should reference our case numbers to our respective rep's so they can do some cross referencing between themselves.... my case number is 3-862122241.

When I sent in my MER report AGAIN I shot them the URL to this conversation.         

rbarstow
Level 10
Message 43 of 76

I haven't called back yet, to tell them that 3.2.5 didn't fix it.

Case 3-863470018

My client has EERM enabled. You guys?

Highlighted

Nope, only use EEPC and EEFF.

motc7
Level 7
Message 45 of 76

I have an appointment today with level 2 support.  Wish me luck!

motc7
Level 7
Message 46 of 76

I wanted to share my results with my support call with Tier 2 the other day for those following this thread.

One of the interesting things that we discovered is that EEFF worked fine until we connected to a network printer in the HP 8100 series.  Now let me point out, that prior to installing EEFF 3.2.5.5 and previous versions, even with HP 8100 series printers added, the Devices and Printers window loaded just fine.  Essentially, to get around this, I would have to delete the windows user profile, recreate and I could add other HP series printers, even Kyocera, but once I added an 8150 or 8100 BAM!  Devices and Printers instantly stopped working.

don't know if this helps.  I passed this along to my support people and they prior to this are escalating to tier 3.  They HAVE CONFIRMED other cases so looks like people are coming out of the woodwork.

Also, I said the CTO looks like Danny Bonaduce.  Don't take that as an insult, as I find him hilarious!

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 47 of 76

you sir, are off my Christmas list for good!

motc7
Level 7
Message 48 of 76

SafeBoot wrote:

you sir, are off my Christmas list for good!

You cannot deny that he was hilarious.  Not Chris Barrie I know, but funny nonetheless.

I hear you are from England.  If you like footy, we may have much to discuss.

motc7
Level 7
Message 49 of 76

Still broken.  Just letting someone know. 

motc7
Level 7
Message 50 of 76

Just an update on what's going on so far with my experience.

I contacted McAfee Tier 2 Support the other day and they are escalating to Tier 3 support, who will likely according to Collin escalate it right to development.

The only problem I see and take issue with is that we spent nearly 2000.00 plus dollars on this package to have this feature and back during the early fall with 3.1 when this EXACT SAME THING was occurring back then, we were assurred that this issue was likely the result of that version not yet being fully Windows 7 compatible.  Now he says that once it's in development hands, there is really no ETR whatsoever from that point, and in fact, if they do come up with a fix and they are simultaneously working on another version release, it likely will not be released until the next version release.  I.E. my impression is that they will not hotfix this issue which is silly to me.

The fact that until 3 weeks ago when I called to report it again, no one was complaining of this issue, but then right after I report it, we got people coming on here and claiming the same thing is happening to them and all of a sudden people are calling in to the phone centers.  Just really coincidental.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community