Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
p15209
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Endpoint Encryption 5.2.8.9: Errors in user groups - unable to delete - Attribute not found

Hello,

I've just installed Endpoint Encryption 5.2.8.9 en everything works fine except for invalid entry's in the "Endpoint Encryption Administrators" container. All the entry's start with 'error"(see image). I've tried to delete the entry's but a popup with: Error deleting, atrribute not found occurs. There are also 6 entry's in the right pane but in the left pane there are 18 entry's? Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Any help will be much appriciated! Thanks in advance!

thx,

Esmoreit

Amsterdam, Holland.

EnpointSecurityErrors.png

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.8.9: Errors in user groups - unable to delete - Attribute not found

you need to use the cleanupusergroup command of the API to fix these objects.

p15209
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Re: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.8.9: Errors in user groups - unable to delete - Attribute not found

Thank you very much, but this didn't (completly) solve my issue. De command line does delete users but i still see them in the GUI. It also seems that i can repeat the command and every time it finds the same users en deletes the same users but they are still here.:

SBadmCL.png

2.png

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I am guessing there are some file rights problems in your environment then - are you using a local or remote connection to the database?

p15209
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Thanks!

It was a rights problem. I forgot to run the cmd.exe with administrator rights (right click run as admin) in Windows server 2008r2. It is fixed now, thanks a lot for your help.

Esmoreit.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center