cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption progress bar freezes

We have noticed during disk encryption the progress bar and estimated time freezes on some machines. So far the only way to resolve the issue has been to reboot the machine a few times.

Has anybody else experienced this and is there anything we can do to resolve this?
6 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: Encryption progress bar freezes

I think this was something only on Vista with EEPC 5.17 or so? It seems to be resolved in later releases.

Hi and thanks for the quick response. I just found KB60544 but there is no fix yet. We do have v5.1.7.0 installed. Are you able to 100% confirm that upgrading to a newer version will fix the issue?
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

nope. My machine doesn't do it anymore though.
Highlighted

We experienced this issue as well with 5.1.7 and only on Vista. Ultimately it would always resume after numerous reboots.
Upgrade to 5.1.8 fixed this issue for UConn.
-Jason

I have seen this on HP 6710b running XP, usually a reboot solves the issue.

Noticed the removing the "Always enable pre-boot usb support (auto otherwise)" has seemed to prevent this in some of our cases... odd, since this setting usually helps with lots of flakey usb related issues.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.