Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jmenax
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Encrypted disk, need to decrypt. Damaged mbr in windows 7, one partition encrypted, I have no means to authenticate with EETECH

Hi everyone,

I have read a lot in the forum, but havent found a way to force decrypt a disk, having only the code for authorization. I lost the key (usb) for decryption, now I cannot force decrypt the partition.

The OS was a windows 7, but after the boot screen asking for authentication it got a BSOD. Tried to look around the C: partition but it has no files at all. It seemed the decrypt process was not working. Now everytime I want to force decrypt (Wintech, EEtech, Safetech) I am asked to athenticate with a file, which I dont have.

How can I recover my data? Is it a way to force a decryption? And I almost forgot, the software was part of HP Protect Tools, but the login screen at boot was Mcafee.

Regards,

PD: Sorry if this was answered before, but trust me, I read a lot and all solutions involved the decryption key...

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Encrypted disk, need to decrypt. Damaged mbr in windows 7, one partition encrypted, I have no means to authenticate with EETECH

Hi

I assume this is a query related to Endpoint Encryption.! Please confirm.

jmenax
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Re: Encrypted disk, need to decrypt. Damaged mbr in windows 7, one partition encrypted, I have no means to authenticate with EETECH

Hi Chinthanai

It is correct.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Re: Re: Encrypted disk, need to decrypt. Damaged mbr in windows 7, one partition encrypted, I have no means to authenticate with EETECH

Moved to Endpoint Security as an appropriate spot.

McAfee Employee jappell
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

There are two parts to the puzzle. You mentioned you had the authorization code. I presume that was the code of the day. If you are using recovery tools you will also need the machine token. You would obtain that from the management console. You would not force any recovery of any drive without the right tools. If you can get the right token for your machine and you don't have any mechanical drive issues you should be able to decrypt.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

If this is HP ProtectTools, you're unfortunately talking to the wrong company - see here.

The simple answer though, is without the correct password, or the recovery USB, there is NO WAY To recover the data - That's the whole point of the system - to protect the data from people who don't know the password and don't have the recovery key.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator