cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: Emergency Boot Option

Bit late in the day as this issue looks to be resolved already but:

ftp://www.eems2.com/website_files/applications/EEMS2_SafeTech_2009.iso

It be an ISO version of SafeTech. Its been a saviour to myself, especially considering a large client site on our most recent rollout lacked floppy drives on all their fancy new slim laptops. silly
Highlighted

Re: RE: Emergency Boot Option

@Fasination,

That ISO damages drives and causes Error 92h.

Has anyone been able to emulate * succesfully* this Emergency Floppy?

I made an image of the floppy and when it runs, Safeboot sees the encyrpted drive as Desk 1, and not Disk 0, therefore doen't work.

Highlighted

@m.taylor,

I've tried your option "Bootdisk.exe E:"

As I've explained above, this doesn't work because SafeBoot only knows how to deal with Disk 0 and when you run the Emergency Boot it's see the Encyrpted drive as Disk 1, not Disk 0, therefore doesn't work.

Message was edited by: eepc_monkey on 19/07/12 12:18:58 AM
Highlighted

All sorted.  Had to pull a rabit out of a hat, but it works.  You'd think it would work out of the box, wouldn't you?

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 25 of 28

RE: Emergency Boot Option

Note that in order for this to build in the ISO, you have to turn this multi boot option on. I missed it the first time through.

Thanks m.taylor for a great tip.
Highlighted

Because of waste of CD i';ve combine both safetech (floopy image) and Wintech into 1 CD.

it's easy to do it with isolinux(cd/dvd)/syslinux(usb)

Highlighted

@ Mirrorless,

Have you actually performed an Emergency Boot on a drive?  Just because the app runs doesn't mean that it works!

I used the ISO someone posted up on this forum and it actually caused a Error 92h.

Boot up the floppy and tell me if Disk 0 is the encyrpted drive or your CD's environment is Disk 0.

I made an image of the floppy and put it on a disc and found that the Encyprted drive was Disk 1, not Disk 0. therefore it wouldn't work.

I have since found a way of flipping this around so it works.

Highlighted

I think this related on how the image bootup and detect the hardware..

Do you still have the ISO? maybe i can check it out..

My isolinux.cfg / syslinux.cfg boot menu

LABEL Safetech

MENU LABEL Boot to McAfee SafeTech  for Emergency Boot

KERNEL /boot/memdisk append initrd=/safetech/safetech.img

No issue :

With my isolinux All in one multibootable CD (safetech + wintech).

Safetech working fine with emergency boot..

Problem :

With syslinux bootable USB stick, Yes it's detect my hardrive as 1 (I believe the image has taken up drive 0 or USB stick as drive0)

- So far our IT support using CD not USB (since i;ve not provide them on how to port it to USB in other word there no support for usb stick yet)

Message was edited by: mirrorless on 7/26/12 3:12:41 AM CDT
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community