cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPC preboot screen, mouse will move only around outside edge of display.

I have several HP 2760p tablets that have problems at the endpoint encryption logon screen.  Have totally lost control of mouse pointer, mouse will move only around outside edge of display.  This is happening on both xp and win7 os, have updated touchpad drivers. Issue happens on Lenovo laptops also.

(users can use tab key to get logged on and it works normally in windows os)

EEPC version 5.2.13

Thanks in advance

Mike

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: EEPC preboot screen, mouse will move only around outside edge of display.

EEPC5 is nearly a decade old now - You're going to have to upgrade unfortuately to take advantage of the latest laptop models.

Upgrading is not possible at this time.  We have 2500 laptops and tablets encrypted.  I'm supprised you answered the post with this type of answer.  EEPC5 may nearly be a decade old, it has not sunset and is still supported. 

Highlighted

For those of you having this type of issue.  I worked with platinum support and received a fix for the issue.  I was sent a new SbPbaflags.ini file.  After applying to the laptop it corrected the issue. We are currently testing the INI file on other systems, with success.  The answer from SafeBoot was poor. 

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.