Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

EEPC - Decrypt Process

Hello,

I upgraded my Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 on my C Drive. All went smoothly,  The fresh install proceeded as it should have.

My D Drive - docking bay Sata 2 - San Disk  960G - SSD (data Drive in my laptop) is where I backed everything up to, prior to starting the fresh install of Win 10.

My C Drive was encrypted with McAfee EEPC - as was my D Drive, which I learned about my D Drive after the fact 😞  

When the Fresh Win 10 install was completed, my D Drive was rendered to the RAW file format, no longer readable as NTFS.

I have come to learn that I have to decrypt the  D Drive as it is still encrypted with the Encryption from the C Drive. 

I have the McAfee .xml codes to decrypt the drive.   I just do not know know how to do this.

any thoughts, suggestions etc..     I was referred to a McAfee Decryption process and it appears that it is for a Primary Drive and not a secondary   SSD was not picked up in the decryption process (I know that sounds off)

Please advise on what I should do.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community