We were using EEPC 5.17 and matching Autodomain with mixed success. Most of the issues were caused by latency on other sites and my failure to add a wait time. Well we have since moved to EEPC 5.24 because we were told that some of our sbfs issues were resolved one of the newer releases. I have been testing both 5.25 and 5.5 versions of autodomain but I can not seem to get it to do anything with machines that already exist. It will move the machine from one group to the templet group, but not delete, recycle or clearkey. I've pretty much copied many of the settings from the 5.17 autodomain.ini and that worked. If I remove the machine from the console, everything works fine. Anyone using autodomain with eepc 5.24?
If the machine already exists, and the users have been set up - there may be nothing more it needs to do?
Did you take a look at the logfile? That will show you all the decisions it's making.
The log just says that the machine already exists and ends. The old machine never seems to make it in to recycling. If i delete the old machine manually, the initial sync happens as you would expect.
I'll throw in an example. Client brings his machine to site IT. It has EEPC installed on it. Drive has crashed or something else has happened that necessitates a reimage of the drive.
The tech, throws an xp image on the machine and gives the machine the same name. In the past, when autodomain.exe was executed, a detection was made that an older machine was in the DB. The old machine was moved to the recycling bin and a new machine with new ID was created.
Right now I either have to rename the existing machine or delete it manually. This log was created using autodomain 5.25 but the results seem to be the same with 5.5. I've included the 5.25 ini and the production 5.17 ini which works most of the time (latency issues with network). I've also noted in teh autodomainlog.txt file where I made a change in the console.
As always, thanks for the help.
the log shows a number of activations, each time the machine name existed as a template - we need to see a log of the problem occuring ;-)
I can't see a run in that log where the script didnt do something?
I think I figured it out. What I had been doing for testing is set the existing safeboot machine to Remove/Reboot and then I'd leave it in the console. This time, I exported the machine, set it to remove/reboot. I then deleted the machine from console and imported the machine before I removed eepc. I thought this would be a more realistic.
So the issue seemed to be that the machine could not be move to recycling if it was set to Remove/Reboot. The only problem I have to figure out now is that the $AUTOBOOT$ account was not removed. I think I can figure that out. Thanks for the help.
yes, if there's a machine in the db with a policy of remove, then whenever that machine tries to activate, it will get the policy and remove itself. It's doing what you told it to ;-)