cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EEM install set with more than one DNS-server for synchronization

The following problem has occured during the creation of a new install set: we have four servers entered in the list with their DNS-adresses, CN etc. The servers are in 2 different domains. Only one of the servers is active at a time, the others are deactivated and only for backup purpose. We want the clients only to connect to the active one. The script starts the connection, the first server in the list is recognized as inactive and we get the expected error code 0x5c00000f. The script should than continue and take the next server from the list entered, until the active server is found and the client connects successfully and starts synchronization. But this doesn't work as planned, the script doesn't work through the rest of the list. Any ideas where the mistake is ?

Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: EEM install set with more than one DNS-server for synchronization

Do you get the same error if you shut down inactive server(s) completely?

Can you post client communication log?

Highlighted

As far as I know, the services (EEDB and http) on the 3 backup/slave servers are stopped and only enabled on the master server. Another question I haven't found an answer yet is how the script running on the client detects the active server (I suppose via SNMP ping, but I'm not sure). If the active server is the first entry in the SBAdmin-script, the client always connects to the active server.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

by "script" you mean some custom VBScript or something of your own?

If so, you're going to have to implement this functionality yourself - even though the EEPC client has the logic to find a server from the list specified, the API does not - it just tries the connection you told it to.

So, if you want to implement this connection-roaming behaviour, you're going to need to write the logic to do it I'm afraid.

Highlighted

Client has ability to automatically use multiple servers if one fails, switches to the other one.

You keep stating that problem is with script. If that is the case, please list script function (SBADMCL command, or API) that fails. If you meant client synch problems, please post client communication log.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community