cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEFF question for Citrix Farm...Possible?

My Company is moving alot of users to a Ctirix Farm type Desktop.  My CSO is wondering and so am i how do we Use Encryption for File Folder Seperatly on a Citrix Farm Enviroment like that without installing EEFF and EEPC, is this even possible and if it is, is there any documentation/videos anywhere i can read or look at.

Second question.

Can you use EEFF seperatly installed on a PC that does not have EEPC installed or is there a seperate stand alone client that is used?

Thanks for the Help - Brad P

6 Replies

Re: EEFF question for Citrix Farm...Possible?

EEFF is completely separate from EEPC - the two will work together to do common logon etc, but otherwise they can stand alone.

RE your citrix environment, you're going to have to install EEFF for sure. As to why you would want to use EEPC - do you fear someone stealing the server itself?

thanks for the response, no i dont want to install EEPC of course, we are just wanting to use the EEFF funcionality, is there documentation on this for a Citirx enviroment that i can study up on, or do you know how this would work.

Thanks again - Brad P

I guess you just install it like any other app? Sorry, I have no experience with Citrix - it's not something I ever use.

Hi Brad,

did you end up installing EEFF on the citrix server? if so, any issues?

i'm looking at installing EEFF on a citrix box too.

no we havent as of yet, we are waiting, im still trying to locate any documentation on this. I talked to my EEPC Contact and she said it is working in there test enviroment at McAfee and it will soon be supported in the upcoming months with full documentation.

With that said, if you chance it and get it working i would luv to hear your feedback and steps taken and vice versa if we do

There is no documentation from McAfee on this, as we don't formally "support" it, but, as Citrix is just a RDP system, I imagine you install it like any other app you want to give to your users.