cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EEFF Removable Media - Sharing data with 3rd party machine

Hi,

We have recently set up EEFF and are using the removable media section to encryption USB sticks. All is working fine on the machines with the EEFF agent installed. However we want to be able to share the data with other machines (that do not have the EEFF agent installed). When a memory stick with encrypted data on it is inserted into a 3rd party machine windows explorer does not show up any data but you can see that that space has been taken up on the drive.

I have picked this up again after a few months due to some incopatability issues we had with out internal systems. I seem to remember that previously when a USB drive was inserted into a non EEFF machine there would be an executable file you could run which allowed you to enter the password and access the data...

Have I missed a tickbox somewhere or something like that??

Many Thanks....

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: EEFF Removable Media - Sharing data with 3rd party machine

There are a few things you can do.

1. use the "auto create self extractor"

2. use the new feature EERM (endpoint encryption for removable media)

these are both explained in the lastest release documentation eeff v3.2.2

Highlighted

Thanks for the response......

We are however already using the EERM.......

Steve.

Highlighted

If you are using EERM then this is just a policy setting,  change the setting for that user to use EERM instead of standard removable media encryption.  this will then create the container on the stick, and the user can then read the data on any PC by entering a single password

Highlighted

The policy is applied to the user..... I can tell as when the device is initiallized it says that it is protected by EERM.

It's just not creating the .exe to make the data available to a non EEFF user.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community