cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Due to Safeboot, data is not recoverable from my Laptop!!

Today suddenly the Laptop got hung when I tried to reboot, it just would not reboot and it got in a reboot loop mode. It would just do the Windows repair thing itself automatically over and over again, it would just not boot.

Thus I inserted the Recovery CD to repair it but somehowit overwrote the Windows Setup and now I do not have access to my Data on C:,D: and the E: drives of my Laptop. Laptop had McAfee Safeboot Encryption in it installed by my office's IT department.

REQUEST SENIORS TO PLEASE HELP AND GUIDE SO THAT I CAN RECOVER ALLTHE DATA IN MY LAPTOP.

2 Replies
pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Due to Safeboot, data is not recoverable from my Laptop!!

I would give support a call and see if there is anything they can do to help, they have resolved some tricky situations for myself (like encryption a drive with safeboot and EEPC...)

Also it sounds like your not part of your office's IT department, if you dont manage mcafee i would highly recommend going to your IT helpdesk to get this resolved, if you dont have access to ePO you wont be able to fix this.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Due to Safeboot, data is not recoverable from my Laptop!!

Duplicate - locking this thread.  https://community.mcafee.com/message/302923#302923

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.