cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
arindamp
Level 7

Due to Safeboot, data is not recoverable from my Laptop!!

Today suddenly the Laptop got hung when I tried to reboot, it just would not reboot and it got in a reboot loop mode. It would just do the Windows repair thing itself automatically over and over again, it would just not boot.

Thus I inserted the Recovery CD to repair it but somehowit overwrote the Windows Setup and now I do not have access to my Data on C:,D: and the E: drives of my Laptop. Laptop had McAfee Safeboot Encryption in it installed by my office's IT department.

REQUEST SENIORS TO PLEASE HELP AND GUIDE SO THAT I CAN RECOVER ALLTHE DATA IN MY LAPTOP.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pierce
Level 13

Re: Due to Safeboot, data is not recoverable from my Laptop!!

I would give support a call and see if there is anything they can do to help, they have resolved some tricky situations for myself (like encryption a drive with safeboot and EEPC...)

Also it sounds like your not part of your office's IT department, if you dont manage mcafee i would highly recommend going to your IT helpdesk to get this resolved, if you dont have access to ePO you wont be able to fix this.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Due to Safeboot, data is not recoverable from my Laptop!!

Duplicate - locking this thread.  https://community.mcafee.com/message/302923#302923

0 Kudos