cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Dell e5420 hang when AC Adepter is connected

We are using 5.2.3 version and i have only 2 file group selected 1 is theame and 2nd one is a client file gorup.

Let me know when you boot your system in AHCI mode then does your system boots in windows or just hang up ?

Highlighted

In AHCI mode system boots without problems but only when AC Adapter is not conected. Otherwise it hangs up.

Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 25

I was just thinking about this case and one thought came in mind is WHY system Hangs only when power adaptor is connected ?

does it has something to do with system power options ?

what are the options selected

1. On battery

2. Plugged in

and as system is running fine when its on battery , what if we change Plugged in plan same as On battery ?

Highlighted

It happens on a few e5420 notebooks so I assume that they don't have any hardware errors.

It hangs only in pre-boot (I write password and it hangs). If I connect AC Adapter right after login in it works ok, so meaby it is not a problem with power options (if we talk about power options in windows. I did not find any options like that in BIOS). So the problem occurs only in pre-boot.

keyurshah which version of BIOS do you have in your notebooks?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 15 of 25

oh ok its on PBA.. than its not related to power options..

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 16 of 25

is there any USB device plugged in ?

Highlighted

No devices connected to laptop.

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 18 of 25

is Enable Boot Disk Compatibility – enabled ? [machines properties > Miscellneous ]

Highlighted

Yes, it is enabled but still nothing has changed.

Highlighted

We had something very similar to this on our HP tc4400's.  It would lock up right after typing in the password.  A newer version of EEPC resolved the issue.  The problem was if the computer was on the docking station it would lock, if it was not it would boot fine.  Perhaps try 5.2.10, make sure you have the latest bios too.  Are you using a docking station with these systems?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community