cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dell e5420 hang when AC Adepter is connected

Hi.

I have got problem with my Dell e5420. EEM version is 5.2.9. AC adapter is connected. I start my encrypted laptop and after about 5 seconds it hangs. (McAfee login windows appear and hang). Without AC it works fine.

Has anyone know what is wrong?

24 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 25

Re: Dell e5420 hang when AC Adepter is connected

just one machine, or lots of them behaving the same way? If it's just one, I would suspect a BIOS problem and look to see if there's an update available.

Highlighted

Lots of them, but not everyone. I checked BIOS options but didn't find nothing strange:) There is no BIOS update for e5420 yet.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 25

curious - what did Dell say about the problem? Any way to work out the difference between those which work, and those which don't ?

Highlighted

I try to reinstall originaly installed Windows 7 by Dell. meaby there are some drivers problem or other 'strange' dell software. It works fine without EEM, so...there is no Dell problem.  I'll let you know about results.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 25

are you seeing the problem on other models of Dell, or other models by another manufacturer?

Highlighted

We have many different models of Dell but only on e5420 this problem occurs.

Highlighted

Unfortunately, after many system reinstalations, on a few e5420 laptops, it still hangs. So my problem is still unsolved. If someone has any ideas, please, let me know.

Highlighted

What HDD Access mode is selected in BIOS ? It should be SATA AHCI only in dell laptops.

We have a similar laptop series it works fine with EEPC, no issues.

Highlighted

I tried on SATA AHCI and ATA mode. Which version of EEPC do you have and what files group do you attached to machine?

I have got:
EEPC.JPG

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community