Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popina
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Dell Mini 12 Encryption failed

Hi guys,

I'm tearing my hair out here! I can't figure out why encryption fails on the Dell Mini 12 laptops.

It seems to install the preboot and begin encrypting fine, then after a restart or two, the machine POST's then never gets to the preboot screen. I've tried letting the whole drive encrypt, and I've tried restarting the machine as soon as the software was installed, and I've tried disabling a few options in the machine group on the server but nothing seems to want to work!

Any ideas?
6 Replies

RE: Dell Mini 12 Encryption failed

I would check the Bios we have had issue not only with the versions on our HP devices but also setting LBA assisted and Sata NAtive mode would be the first place to start. hope that helps
popina
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

There don't seem to be any options for changing the operation of the hard drive in the BIOS! Then again, it's A02 and I've noticed that there's an upgrade to A04... I'll upgrade and see if the options appear.

I had similar issues a while back on some machines in our environment. Look in the BIOS for anything relating to your SATA drives. For me, it was under SATA Operation. We had IRRT selected, instead of AHCI like it should have been.
popina
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

No such luck.... No hard drive options appear...

Hm.

we have the same problems and opened a ticket @MCAfee, they said that the 12 was the only laptop in the Dell Mini series that have this problem.

McAfee told us that it will be fixed in the next release.

We use release 5701 (519-0010)
Highlighted

We've seen this too, glad to see it will be addressed with next release...
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center