Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Solid State Drive Problems

Installed Endpoint Encryption on a Dell Inspiron Mini 9 with a solid state drive. After MEE for PC installation and encryption the device freezes right after logon. At first it appears that SBFS is corrupted and cannot present the MBR. Ran a SafeTech Emergency Boot and there was an encryption error message and aborted. Booted up to the WinTech disk and the drivers would not work for the solid state drive. Ran SafeTech to decrypt sectors and it would not read the crypt List because of disk error. Does McAfee have any support for solid state drives? Would this be a hardware driver issue or the way MEE reads the sectors on a solid state drive?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

RE: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Solid State Drive Problems

since we work fine on other SSD's and normal drives, and SSD's are meant to emulate a normal drive, it would seem to be a bios/hardware issue?

who makes the SSD you are using?
0 Kudos
Level 12

RE: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Solid State Drive Problems

I picked up a cheapo 32GB Patriot brand SSD and tested with both EEPC 5.1.6 and 5.1.7. Both worked without issue, just as with a traditional HD. I was testing in a Dell D630 with Windows XP SP2. I've seen customers test on other SSDs as well, so I doubt it is a problem with SSD but rather a problem with the BIOS on that netbook.
0 Kudos