cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize the Winlogon banner ?

Hello,

We are building our corporate Theme, and we would like if it is possible to also replace the Banner which is in the McAfee Windows Logon popup ?

This is almost the last and only customization left.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

David

10 Replies

Re: Customize the Winlogon banner ?

Which version? Just look at theme ".png" files. Replace one that gives background picture.

In fact I had a look at the png files and replaced all file by our corporate theme. But I did not see any other files that contains this Logon banner in the McAfee windows logon popup. That is why my question here ...

Sorry, we are using the latest EEPC version 5.2.5

Which theme file set do you use?

Try to replace "middle.png"

Message was edited by: peter_eepc on 9/30/10 7:37:31 AM EDT

I already have modified this file, but it is used only at boot time for the background.

We also have modified the file LogoBanner.png which change the banner in the boot authentication. But this file unfortunately does not repolace the Windows one.

And this is the one I would like if possible to also replace.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 11

Sorry, it's not possible for you to change the banner graphic in Windows - that would have to be done by McAfee as a one-off customization.

Thank you very much for your answer.

That would be something to put on McAfee's desk for a future release

Kind regards,

David

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 11

It used to be possible, then we found a whole bunch of people (partners and customers) had changed the graphics and removed our copyright messages and replaced them with theirs.

I don't mind people changing the boot code - after all, that's branding for your company etc, but, removing the McAfee logos and copyright text from within the application itself? How many other vendors allow you to do that?

It can be done, but, it's not cheap - it means you get a one-off version of the product all of your own. But, allowing people to do it arbitrarily? No, I don't think that's appropriate...

I know for sure it's possible because it should only be a recompilation of the GINA... The only thing that was requested to me to implement beside the new corporate Theme, was the possibility to also replce the windows Banner, at windows logon in order to have a real 100% corporate customisation. It is absolutely not the goal to replace all McAfee Logo, trademarks, copyrights, ... But just to be hable to better identify such kind of users compared by all non-encrypted users.

I will check tomorrow with my management if that will still make sense, and come back to "you" for a modification request.

Rds,

David

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community