Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Customising Error messages

I am at present in a testing program pre rollout, and i would like to customise the error messages found in SBerrors.ini, however the only files i can find via search are sberrors.xml.

I was wondering either where to find sberrors.ini to edit it if possible, or to ask is there a way to edit the XML file to customise the erro messages for users
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: Customising Error messages

you can edit the XML file with any unicode text editor (ie Notepad), but be warned - support may decide not to support you if they can't understand the error messages you are giving them.

What message do you want to change?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

RE: Customising Error messages

Thanks I will have a look.
Highlighted

Re: RE: Customising Error messages

Simon addressed this in another post: http://community.mcafee.com/message/5517#5517

You can edit the SBErrors.xml file but customizations will not display in pre-boot.  They will display in Windows UI though...

It would be nice if this file could modify the default error messages pre-boot.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community