Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBC_CS
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Creating report with device name and IP Address

Is it possible either in the reporting tool or via command line to have a report that pairs the device name and the ip address that they last synced from?

Thanks

11 Replies

Re: Creating report with device name and IP Address

For EEPC? No. You can only get it from local client log file. Do your clients sync with more than one host?

RBC_CS
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

The IP address is in the Synch panel of the Device Properties on the server (IE right click on machine, Properties, Synch).

I have a checkbox for "Allow remote controlled resynchronization" with an option for which Port to use and the Address it last synched from.  I should have mentioned in this in the original post.  Sorry.

The clients have two servers listed in their ini though both servers point to the same db.

Message was edited by: RBC_CS on 3/15/10 2:44:12 PM GMT-06:00
SafeBoot
Level 21
Message 4 of 12

The api command getlastcheckindate will output the network name and machine name.

check the "Endpoint Encryption Scripting Tool User Guide.pdf" for information.

RBC_CS
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

And the IP address?  The association of Device Name to IP address is specifically what I am looking for.

As I have already said, client log shows Address and Port information of a Database server service, it communicates with.

For client information there is only EEM interactive query that you have already mentioned and machine network (NetBIOS) name that you can obtain by sbadmcl script.

Since most of client systems are on DHCP and/or VPN connections, and sychronisation is done quite sporadically, this information has very little value. Why do you need it?

You can perform "nbtstat -a uuu.xxx.yyy.zzz" to obtain machine names in real time. There is even FindNBT utility for intelligent subnet scans.

Message was edited by: peter_eepc on 3/15/10 9:37:54 PM EDT
RBC_CS
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

I have several sites that do not like to name their machines to our internal naming convention.  When the machines show up on the 'Old Version' report or 'Hasn't synced in 180 days' report it is somewhat difficult to trace the machine back to the originating site simply by name and using netbios to convert back to IP is useless as the cache has well been expired by that time.

So this information does have value to me, little or not.

SafeBoot
Level 21
Message 8 of 12

sorry - it's not something that anyone has asked for up to now, so no, it's not possible to export it with the API.

RBC_CS
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

Understood.  Thanks Simon.

RBC_CS wrote:

I have several sites that do not like to name their machines to our internal naming convention.  When the machines show up on the 'Old Version' report or 'Hasn't synced in 180 days' report it is somewhat difficult to trace the machine back to the originating site simply by name and using netbios to convert back to IP is useless as the cache has well been expired by that time.

So this information does have value to me, little or not.

Use FindNBT to repeatedly scan sites that are known to have this problem. Then you can then build your PC name to IP cross reference.