cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Safeboot screen on Dell Inspiron 2500

Hi,

I have just installed safeboot 5.1 on a Dell inspiron 2500 & now the initial Safeboot login screen is corrupted - looks like 4 minature versions of the safeboot screen with garbelled images around the screen - numlock etc still work!!

Any ideas.
3 Replies

RE: Corrupt Safeboot screen on Dell Inspiron 2500

A weird coincidence...i've just come across this problem the day after you 🙂

I've got a Dell Inspiron 2600 with exactly the same problem. However, this problem only occured after i updated the BIOS (to A11) to try to resolve another Safeboot issue. Safeboot was OK on boot up until this point.

I'm going to try to revert to a previous BIOS, although i'm not even sure of this is possible. I'll post back if I can get any further...unfortunately this is the kind of thing where Dell will say speak to McAfee and McAfee will say speak to Dell!!
Highlighted

RE: Corrupt Safeboot screen on Dell Inspiron 2500

Just a quick note to let you know that reverting from BIOS A11 to BIOS A08 has resolved the issue for me on my Inspiron 2600.

It might be worth you going to ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/. If you scroll down you'll get to files labelled I2500Axx.exe, which should be the ones you need for your computer.

Post back if you have any more questions.

'Corrupt Safeboot screen on Dell Inspiron 2500'

cheers Trevora - I'll give it a go & post the results.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community