cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line option to decrypt from a hard drive?

We have data on a hard drive that is encrypted with McAfeee encryption ( Onemcafee file and removable media protection).  One of the folders has a LOT of sub folders and files and we are unable to use the right click and copy option to copy the data. When we try that we get "out of memory" error. 

Is there a command line option to copy the data from the hard drive to a file system? I am not able see the content of the drive when I tried using via CMD, even opening it as adminstrator. 

Any woraround you recommend is greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies
Joshua
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Command line option to decrypt from a hard drive?

Full Disk Encryption. Select the BitLocker Drive Encryption technology and follow the link to configure the settings. The encryption settings open. In the Encryption mode drop-down list, select Decrypt all hard drives.

GarageBand For Android

Re: Command line option to decrypt from a hard drive?

Hello @Joshua ,

Thanks for your response. sorry, I am a novice when it comes to this and I am not sure I am fully understanding.  Just to clarify, I don't think the drive is fully encrypted. it's the data on the drive that is encrypted. The drive has an executable (MfeEERM), when i click on it, I am prompted for a password.  After entering the password, the McAfee Removable Media Protection opens and I see the data that i want to copy but i don't believe the option you described are available.  Any ideas? 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community