cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Clients no longer syncronizing

Jump to solution

Hello all! I have been testing enpoint encrytpion for the past two weeks with a trial license. recently the two machines I have installed as clients are no longer updating their configs from updates. I have tried forcing the sync from the console and syncing from the clients. the logs say the connections are successful but configuration updates like log in warning and password token resets are not updating.

my test server is running vista service pack1, my clients are vista and XP. I am not sure if I used the correct package from the mcafee download site but my enpoint encrytpion version is 5,1,9,0. please send help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Clients no longer syncronizing

Jump to solution

I would create new group as controlled one and move objects there. If that's what you want.

8 Replies

Jump to solution

Your keyboard has "s" stuck . Can you post client communication log? It is in Program Files, client directory, named "SbClientLog.txt".

Jump to solution

here is my log file, other then my multiple attempts to sync I can't see anything wrong.

Jump to solution

at 12:30 it synced fine? What makes you think your clients are no longer syncing?

Jump to solution

I changed the custom warning message from what I had set it to through a previous succesful sync to "hi I am testing the sync feature." I have not had that much expirience with this product past the past few days but I had thought this is one of the data items that would be updated through a sync. another example was attempts to reset test user tokens not propegating.

Jump to solution

I guess then you've not changed it in the right place - did you change it for the machine itself, or in the group? Changes you make to groups don't get passed down to members unless it's a controlled group.

But yes, changing the warning message, along with everything else in the policy, will get reflected to your machine - as we know your machine is indeed syncing, the only explanation is you're not changing the right policy object.

Jump to solution

According to client log updates work fine. Check machine audit log using EEM.

Using EEM change user password, synch from client and see if log reflects that.

on 11/19/09 11:55 AM

Jump to solution

is there a way to change my existing group to a controlled group or will I need to create a new one and move the clients into that?

Jump to solution

I would create new group as controlled one and move objects there. If that's what you want.